Worried about Heartworm Disease?
Ask how to prevent this serious and potentially fatal condition in your dog.
- Heartworm disease is a serious and potentially fatal condition in dogs.
- It is caused by worms that spend their adult lives on the right side of the heart and the large blood vessels that connect the heart to the lungs
- It is transmitted through infected mosquito bites
- Dogs of all ages are susceptible to infection
- Signs range from no sign at all to persistent cough, fatigue, fainting and weight loss
- Heartworm disease is usually detected with a blood test
- Treatment is an expense for the owner, and a painful, prolonged ordeal for the dog
- Prevention of heartworm disease is recommended versus heartworm disease treatment